Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Welcome, 2012.

First post of 2012! Oh Em Gee. (haha)
I guess I could make this post about new year's resolutions. Not exactly original but it's to be expected. However, I have yet to make any besides the normal 'lose weight'... which lets be honest, is on most people's list whether they need to or not. Got to love our society. With that said, it would be a very short blog post. So! I'm thinking about branding 2012 as the year of Firsts. Not that all the other years didn't have a load of firsts in them, but seeing as I spent my first day of the new year in a brand new apartment that I will be living in by myself for the first time ever... signifies a new era of 'firsts'. Not to mention I'll be graduating college, I'll be on stage as a lead, I'll have to try and get a job (a job using my degree?) without doing school at the same time, and I'll get engaged. BAHAHAHA sorry.. had to throw that last one in there just to see if you were paying attention. But this year is going to be up to me. I'll have to make decisions based on how they will effect me, compared to making choices based on others. Cause I tend to do that ya' know. My point is that even though I am quite petrified as to what's going to occur this year (I mean... how often do you graduate from college? eek) the responsibility to make things happen falls directly to me. Which should frighten me even more, but at the same time thrills me. I'm going to have to work on being more extroverted, on cleanliness, on organizational skills, on procrastination, on being honest. The list could go on and on. Even if I fail miserably I know I have friends and family who will be there for me when I'm weeping and eating a gallon of rocky road watching Tangled on repeat. And at the very least, I'm going to try. I guess in a way this blog was about new year's resolutions after all. Go figure.

No comments: