Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Another day... Gone awry?

Well, not completely awry. As of right now I'm actually quite content. This morning however was anything but smooth. It's that whole saying about if something can go wrong it will go wrong. That's a saying right? Because it was the epitome if my morning.

I've been subbing at a theatre that is not mine for the last two days... And yesterday went by rather peacefully overall...But today was just not happening. Imagine walking into a test that you have studied for. For example, Spanish. So here you are ready for that Spanish test and then you're given your test. And it's in Portuguese. Which would have been fine if you were studying Portuguese but the last time you checked Spanish isn't Portuguese. And not only that but your usual teacher is replaced by no one. That's right... No one is there handing out tests. They're just on a desk waiting to be filled out in a classroom that is being worked on by at least ten construction workers.   That's about as good of a metaphor as I'm going to be able to give. Point is I aced the Portuguese test, but totally wanted to rip out all my hair and punch my teacher in the face. End of rant... And ridiculous metaphor.

But the work day is over and I am free! Free to sit on my bum and watch tv!!! Lazy days every day! Actually I am going to do some laundry and empty out a box! Yes you read correctly, I still am unpacking from the move I made at the beginning of September. That's how I roll.

And you know what I'm excited for? Halloween and Christmas!!!! Thanksgiving not so much. Want to know why? Because while everyone will be thinking of the 22nd of November as Thanksgiving weekend.... I'll be manning the throngs of people for the Hunger Games opening. I am the opposite of excited because unlike Harry Potter fanatics for Harry Potter premiers they're not Harry Potter fanatics and it's not a Harry Potter movie.  Which makes them much less worth my patience.  Whatever. Yay doom and gloom and an awful ending to a moderately interesting book series. Not that I have any opinions on the matter. ;)

Alrighty. Have the happiest of hump days!!!!  


No comments: