Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Face palm.

Things you should probably work on as a human being:
-Stop coming into my store with some vague reference of what you want and expect me and my coworkers to be able to find it for you. Your pathetic description of, "I read about it in the newspaper/magazine," or "I saw it online," or "I heard about it on the radio" with an additional detail like, "it's new," or "it's by a woman," or "the cover is black and white" is not enough information to adequately point you in the right direction. We can do our best of course and quite often we do magically find that special book you decided you wanted on a whim, but I refuse to put up with your huffs of disappointment, impatience and anger when we can't find what you so poorly described. Do I look like a computer to you? I'm a sassy curvy and pretty 23 year old. Not a bloody robot.
- If someone in your apartment complex/building/neighborhood is being too loud at a time that is usually reserved for let's say, sleeping, and it's a first time offense be an adult about it and confront said people/person. Do not send in an anonymous complaint to whatever person is in authority- and especially do not be overly dramatic using phrases like, "with no end in site." Had you let me and my guests know that we were being obnoxiously loud we would have immediately stopped and would have apologized profusely. Instead you acted like a coward and placed your complaint anonymously. Grow up.
- When I say good morning to you and you respond with nothing, a nod, or a hey. You deserve to be slapped in the face. Two people, this morning alone, couldn't be bothered to reply to such a greeting in a normal/polite way... Or any way at all. I don't really care what the excuse is. Someone says good morning you say it back- even if it's a random stranger! Its just plain courteous and not all that difficult.
- If you insult/make disparaging remarks about my family, boyfriend, friends, or myself please assume that we're no longer talking until you apologize. And furthermore don't threaten me- I am a prolific writer and I will have no problem telling people my side of the story. So try and not be so rude next time.

Well that sums it up quite nicely I think. Have a wonderful day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hee, Hee, hee, hee, hee. This made me chuckle :) I am so glad it wasn't me that caused this writing! MOM