Friday, January 4, 2013

52-Week Challenge


My fish doesn't like me.  I've been told beta fish are fickle like that.  Mr. Darcy seriously doesn't like me though.  Don't know why.  I gave him a castle for crying out loud.  No one's given me a castle.
I watch him do his exercises about his tank... swimming up, down, backwards, forwards.  If I had his dedication I'd be down to a size six by now.  Not that he has much else to do.  Maybe that's why he's always pissed.  But I still love him just the same.  Even when he hides from me and doesn't eat.  He'll come around eventually.  Either that or die.  I really hope he doesn't die.  That wouldn't go over well with me.

Moving on.  I recently, like five minutes ago, read two blogs by two of my closest friends: Cynthia and Megan.  They were both titled: 52-week Challenge (haha kind of like mine...).  Now, seeing as both of these lovely ladies are two of the most inspiring women I know I figure... what the hey.  I'll jump on this challenge bandwagon.  

What is it?  
It pretty much requires me to do something new every week for the entire year.  So by the end of the year I will have done 52 new things.  As Cynthia said, "They can be as simple as trying a new food for the first time or as exciting as sky diving."  That's literally what she wrote.  I just copy and pasted.  I'd be all for sky-diving by the way.  Just throwing that out there.  
Why?  
Because I figure a) I'm not going to be getting any younger.  b) It will hopefully get me out of my comfort zone at least a few times.  and c) Why not?  Who knows how I'll grow and what I'll learn from these new experiences.  I'm excited.
When is it?
Every week silly! And I'll be updating you as my 'new' things occur.  I have absolutely no idea what they will entail.  But I think I might start making more lists... just to be ready.

Those are all the W's you're getting.  So now my new year's resolutions have grown to 8 things now.  I'm giving myself till January 15 to finalize them all.  More lists!  I have an issue.  

I must get ready for work now.  Have a simply fabulous day and God Bless!

No comments: