Sunday, March 31, 2013

Game Night.... Not.

Three. Count em.  One, Two, Three days in a row.
To quote one Ron Stoppable, "Boo-yah!"

I am up in the Mountains with my family currently.
Like, we're staying in a cabin. In the woods. There are other houses around us so it's not super creepy, but it's still pretty isolated.  But the cabin/house thing is huge.  And has awesome furnishings.  I posted a picture of the bed I'm sleeping in on twitter last night.  Mega-awesome.
We're up here, all eleven of us, because we're celebrating my mom's and grandma's birthday as well as Easter.  Which is today.
pause thought.
HAPPY EASTER!!!!  Jesus loves you. :) Very much.  He loves me too, which is awesome because I know I don't deserve it.  The whole grace thing blows my mind.  So yeah.  Jesus really loves you.  Just in case you needed reminding or didn't already know.  Yay!
unpause thought.
So it's a family mini vacation of sorts.  And so for the whole weekend we're just spending time together as a family.  For Grandma essentially.  However, today I got quite frustrated due to the fact our 'family time' is really just us involved with various electronic gadgets in different corners of the house.  We have ipads, computers, nooks, xbox, television, and ipods.  And then if we weren't on those we were napping or reading (the reading was really just me and Tabitha... we kind of do that alot).  We did manage to get out of the house for about three-ish hours and visit the little town about five miles away.  And even then half of us were on our phones.  It's a face palm moment everyone.
Then tonight occurred.  We eat this awesome dinner, my favorite meal actually- spaghetti with brown butter and Mizithra- it's a dish from the Spaghetti factory that my mom perfected.  My goodness it is beyond delicious.  Anyway, afterwards we have cake; people open presents.  All that jazz.  And then I'm expecting to play some games.  It's tradition after all.  There's nothing we like to do more than play some good old card games... or at least something.  But what did we all do instead?
Sat in front of the television and watched YouTube clips.  Not. Even. Joking.
All eleven of us.

I mentioned playing games.  I even chose one and said we should totally play!  And a few people nodded and then we went back to watching clips.
I wanted. to pull out. my hair.
So today is a new day.  I WILL play games with my family.  I don't care if it's just me and Grandma sitting at the table playing go-fish.  It's going to happen darn it.
That is pretty much all for now I guess.  I do want to add that both sides of my family, I'm with my dad's side currently, play board/card games together.  We enjoy it.  But I will say that my mother's side of the family .... well we would never ever ever ever have sat down in front of the TV and watched anything.  We would be duking it out over cards or some wacky game where you have to name three state capitals in five seconds or something.  And it can get a bit intense, because we have a healthy amount of competition running through our veins.  So sometimes things like this almost happen:

So as crazy as it seems.  That's what I want tomorrow.  Fun, laugh out loud, family games.  And if not I'm willing to purchase water balloons and throw 'em at everyone.
Just saying.
Thanks for reading, and again, Happy Easter!!!

No comments: