Thursday, March 28, 2013

right. cool. ugh.


I have started to write this blog at least seven different times over the past couple of months.  And it usually always starts the same... with this quote:

"Who doesn't drink coffee? I mean it's just coffee. You have it with breakfast... or when you're sitting in a cafe pretending to write a novel. It's not a drink; it's a hug." ~Kenzi, Lost Girl. 

It's an awesome, and very true quote indeed.  And usually it would be a good opening for a light hearted up-beat kind of blog that I had every intention of writing... the last seven or so times I attempted to put this together at least.  I even planned on maybe writing the longest blog ever and color coordinate the text with certain subjects so that way you could just skip to what you actually cared/wanted to read about.  However, I decided against that for now.  Particularly because I'm just not in the mood.  

And let's be honest... I highly doubt you would open up a blog that looked like it was longer than the Great Wall of China and think, "oh boy... this should be the best thing I've ever read in my life and I'm going to read every word even when she goes on her never ending rants or is less funny than she thinks she is."  Yeah... So I'm just saving us all the trouble.  What I will share with you today is how I feel, about myself.  Truly some inspiring stuff coming up.  And it will all be in picture format.  It'll be about the most fun you've had in the last twenty minutes or so, I promise.

How I feel:



Pretty great huh?  You have to admit that Box guy is quite cute, though not why I picked it.  Well, maybe a little why I picked it.
Also. Totally not doing that 'new' thing every week for 52 weeks thing anymore.  We should all know by now how awful I am with the goals I set.  I pretty much suck at all of them.
Sorry to be a debbie downer.
Sorry to anyone named Debbie... it's a lovely name... and you're probably not a downer at all.  
I must get back to work.

PS there is a bright side to all this.  I get to see my family soon.  Get my mind off of things I have zero control over.  It should be fun.  
PPS it's my mom's birthday, so at the very least go and fill up her Facebook page with so many happy birthdays she doesn't know what to do with herself.  
PPPS HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM.  Wish I could be with you.  I know that would make me feel a ton better.  
PPPPS That first picture is a Pygmy Hippo.  Not to be confused with a regular Hippo.







2 comments:

Unknown said...

This post made me laugh even though I don't think that was your intention. Sorry. Not laughing anymore.

Unknown said...

Thanks for being real. Let that inner pygmy hippo out when she needs it.