Monday, April 1, 2013

Hop, skip, and a boat ride away.

This one shall be short, because I am le tired and I have to drive down a mountain on a street that almost looks exactly like this:
Maybe not exactly.  But I need enough sleep so I don't do something like this:
Pictures can be so helpful.
But let me wrap this up quickly.  I want to share two quick things with you.  Maybe three.  I'm undecided as of this moment.  Wait... now maybe four things because I just remembered one.  okayyyyy, I'll at least start. so first: I CAN DRINK STARBUCKS AGAIN!!!! I gave it up for Lent, and now that Jesus has risen I am able to partake in the delicious concoctions that Starbucks provides.  I even got a gift card in my Easter basket.  Guess what's happening later todayyyy!!!!

Secondly... I have a little story.
This morning was a bit rough for me due to the simple fact I had no idea what time we were to be ready to go to church in the morning.  The night before people had been discussing it but nothing was ever really finalized.  So I went to bed under the assumption I would be woken up an hour before we were to leave.  Don't ask why I assumed such a thing... I thought I talked it over with one of the more adult adults (as in my parents or aunt).  Point is... Even though I set alarms and hit snooze about 8 times I still woke up with only thirty minutes to get ready for church.  Easter church service.  Which means I can't just throw on a pair of jeans and call it a day.  No no.  Easter Sunday is like dress up in pretty spring outfit and be awesome day.  So to sum it up nicely, I was slightly stressed because in the end everyone was waiting on me.  So we get to the small church located here on the mountain, and I'm still not in the best of moods because again, I caused us to run behind and that's lame.  But it's Easter so I just have to get over myself.  So I'm following my mom through the parking lot over to the Church building thing (it's not an actual church building.  More of a fellowship hall type thing).  There is a ton of fun happening outside around the entrance.  There's children playing on the playground to the right.  Adults laughing, talking, and eating the free breakfast food all over the place.  It's obviously lively and I can't help but feel a little better already. As I'm taking this all in I'm still following my mother into the worship hall.  One of the two ushers hands me a bulletin and says Happy Easter.  In which I reply, in my most festive and happy tone, "HAPPY EASTER!"  
You probably know exactly how loud I can be when I get over zealous with wishing someone a happy day, whether it be Birthdays, Christmas, and apparently Easter too.  So imagine that if you will, for a second... now you may continue with the story.
The moment I extended my very happy Easter greeting my mom whips around and Shhh's me like I'd just interrupted Jesus himself.  In which case I give her this look and go, "What?!?"  Still in a normal voice mind you.  And she whispers as quickly and fervently as possible, "They have already started!" Which is when I look up, actually take in my surroundings, like the bowed heads and dimmed lights, and realize Church has indeed already started.  Two women to my left are bent over they're laughing so hard, and I think a few older people turned around to give me a few glares.  I left to find a restroom after that.

Thirdly.  We played some family games today!  They were super fun and got pretty hilarious, and I had absolutely zero need for water balloons.  Which is good, because it was actually quite cold today.  So yes, Family Game Day was a success!  Whoo-hoo.

Finally, Michael is taking the GMAT today, and I just wanted to wish him the best of luck!  You can do it!!! Kick that test's overly priced butt!  I'm so proud of you, yay!  And I hope you leave the test looking something like this:

Because it was just that easy.  :D

Alright.  I'm finally off to bed.  Thanks for reading!!!

No comments: