Monday, November 21, 2011

Ass.U.Me.

Assumptions. Suck.
I mean, we're bound to assume things here and there. It's practically inevitable. And my assumptions are no worse or better than yours... but the simple fact remains.. they're assumptions.
In case you've forgotten what the word assume means here is a brief definition for you: to believe something is true based upon general unproven observations and/or reports.
Unproven is the key word. And I think we all do ourselves a huge disservice when we stand by what we allegedly believe do to our 'keen' observations...
So, for instance, let's say you read this blog and you think 'hey i think she's talking about me there' Case in point- that would be an assumption. I could very well be thinking about you this very moment.. but you won't really know unless you ask!
How does this pertain to life outside of my bloggy world? Well, if you've been reading my previous posts at all you know that I'm in a bit of a tizzy when it comes to people and crushes and feelings about crushes and the aftermath of crushes, etc. This being said... none of the previous blogs necessarily directly concern me at this moment. Don't get me wrong.. I've felt and dealt with everything I've mentioned... but I'm not in a passionate whirlwind of a crush that has rejected me ever so sourly. I'm just taking notice of the people around me.
I'm just frustrated right now and I wish people would stop assuming and start speaking up. You know that popular saying... when you assume you make an ass out of you and me... Well it's true. Except you really just make yourself look like a darn fool and frustrate the crap out of me. You can assume you know who I'm talking about.. but again... you won't really know unless you ask... so Hah!
Alright. Done venting for tonight. I need sleep. But rehearsals are going splendidly. I am still so excited for this show despite the rigorous amount of effort it is going to take to memorize all my lines! So excited!! :) I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving break!!!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg, you're totes talking about me, aren't you? xx