Sunday, May 13, 2012

Graduation Vacation: entry #2 :

A few tunes to get us all started- 
Two very very different songs, but I find them both incredibly catchy and can't stop listening to them.  The first one is mildly depressing and has nothing to do with my feelings... but let's face it... when Maroon 5 sings (mainly Adam Levine) one has to listen- on repeat.  And Tobymac was my favorite back in middle school.  It's nice to know he's still got it going on (Backstreet Boys reference!!!) 

With that done I can now begin with the updates of what's been going down here in Florida.  Well, A) we made it safely.  B) my parents are sneaky little things and have been lying to my brother and I for over a year now.  You see, we usually stay at this one particular time share here in FL and it's really neat and has a giant volcano pool.  And up until about an hour ago this was the plan.  And then my sneaky parents put on this ruse that we're visiting family friends at the Disneyland Contemporary resort.  LIES.  We checked in!  No big deal.  That's a lie.  It's a huge deal.  This place is beautiful and amazing and DISNEY and yeah I may have teared up because my parents out do themselves... as per their usual.  I'm always grateful for any Family time... including time spent in my living room at home in Vegas... but then they go and pull things like this and I'm seriously overwhelmed.  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I could probably continue with all the screaming but I hope you get my point.  

And on Mother's Day no less.  This is the day I'm supposed to be figuring out how to make my mom feel extra duper special.. and here she is.. making me feel like a princess.  So... any ideas?  Haha.  I'd say I have only about 13 hours to figure it out, but since I'm going to be with her non-stop for the next two weeks... we'll make that my deadline.  I have to think of something that blows her out of the water.  And she's not the kind of person that I can buy the world for (no no, she'd rather do that. lol.) but more so acts of service get her going.  So maybe keeping up with the laundry and cooking and doing things she'd normally have to do!  I can totally iron and cook and clean! (It's a time share so we don't have maids coming in every day)  I can maid it up!  Okay, so that's my plan.  But feel free to throw out any other ideas.  And then my Dad graduated and got his doctorate this year... and instead of walking with his class in NEW YORK!!! he decided he'd rather watch me walk at PLNU.  Because graduation day was on the same date.  So, then there is that.  And I have no idea how to even try to make that up to him.  Of course he'd say 'just spending time with you is worth it' which... is hardly enough.  So, I'll be thinking about ideas for him.  AND it's my brother's 20th birthday on the 18th!  Which is Friday.  And technically I haven't gotten him anything for his bday yet.  I can actually buy him something... but I don't know what.  Maybe a hat.  He LOVES hats.  Obsessively so.  Hmmm. Thoughtful.  Speaking of my brother this is a convo we had waiting in line to buy some Harry Potter land tickets:
Daniel- I don't know why I have the urge to headbutt you every time I see you, but I do.  I mean I'm controlling it, but the urge is there.
Me- Just me?
Daniel- I look at Mom and there's nothing, and then I look at you and I just want to headbutt.
That's our relationship.  I love him. 

Alright, well it is that time to get off my computer and mingle with the people I've been talking about. haha.  We may be going to DisneyQuest tonight so that's super exciting and then we're going to a restaurant called Ohana at the Polynesian Resort.  "Ohana means family"- Lilo and Stitch.  Appropriate.  :)  

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there.  You're awesome.  Period.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nc6Tf26afI

AlyssaJean said...

That awkward moment when someone posts a love clip from the Notebook when your post is about family...
As for Mom, maybe you can organize a spa day or something?
That's all I've got...lame.

Anonymous said...

There is a love song by maroon 5 posted on this, post about family. Right? I love the notebook. Don't hate because you don't understand.