Friday, April 12, 2013

Pointlessly Obsessed.

Yesterday, April 11, 2013, was the 10th anniversary 3D extravaganza bombdiggity aca-rrific Pointless concert.  That wasn't the official title... but it obviously should have been.  And if you missed it... shame on you, because it was phenomenal.  I am so proud of every single one of those guys it's slightly ridiculous.  But only slightly.  They seriously deserved much more than the 'congrats' hug with an added, 'good job' back pat that they received from me.  I, of course, took pictures and video... because that's who I am.  Like this one for instance:



Artsy right?  It was during Rolling in the Deep.  Who doesn't like a good silhouette shot?  Because I know I do.  You can kind of tell who is who too.  Or maybe that's just me.... I'd say it's awkward... but nah.  I passed awkward a looooong time ago.  Like when I purchased a Pointless necklace, tie, button, and magnets (you may purchase one yourself by clicking on this link -> Awesome Pointless Goodies for the Adoring Fan).  And you thought I was joking about being obsessed.  You fool you.

I shall give you two videos, because a) I'm incredibly nice and b) they deserve as much publicity as possible.  So first, here is Beautiful Things.  It's a worship song... so it's both hauntingly beautiful as well as spiritually uplifting.  Soloist: Michael Hartshorn, my Michael.  The one I yammer on about on here from time to time.  The awesome one?  Still don't remember??? .... kidding.  I know you do.  And as always I am so super duper proud of him, not to mention his voice is just... Wow.  He knows this already though... so it's less to boost his ego and more to boost mine.  Cause he's my boyfriend.  I win.



(and just in case the video doesn't work... click here -> Because I'm about to Punch Blogger in the face)
And  the second video is the timeless Footloose.  Soloist: Grant Kay.  But this one is even more special due to the fact it includes a whole hell of a lot of Pointless alumni.  So where there are usually only 13 guys on stage we have over 20.  And I just think it is an incredibly fun song that I always love.  I mean the guys dance wildly, throw their shoes at the audience... and each other, shake their hips... some really really well mind you... rawr, AND sound great doing it.  So yeah, you're welcome for this:



(Same deal... if video doesn't work... click here -> Because seriously... it's 4am and I don't have time for this anymore)
There you have it.  I have numerous other videos that I took with a camera that I haven't downloaded yet, but if you want those just email me.  Or I could put them on YouTube I guess.  I have never uploaded a video to YouTube in my life... oh wait... I just did because Blogger refused to cooperate with my video uploading needs.  So what a fun first for me that was.  The photos aren't the greatest but I might upload those later too.  Seeing as it's past 4am and I have work in a few hours I won't be attempting such a thing tonight.
The one sad thing about tonight is that I got absolutely zero pictures with any of the Pointless guys.  ANY of them.  I looked rather nice too.  It's a bummer to be sure... and I'm just going to stop thinking about it.  At least I got great videos!
So again, Congratulations to Pointless on their epic concert!!!!  Loved every minute of it.
Even though I didn't win the raffle.
It's okay.
I own enough Pointless things.
I guess.

PS Uploading videos to this blog was a pain in my *insert random body part here* ...no joke, it took me over an hour to get it to work and even then I know they aren't the best quality... and are quite fuzzy... but something is better than nothing.  ^_^

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for putting this together Charity! And thanks for the videos and picture. I'm glad someone stole some memories for me to look at later because I'm lame and forgot my camera (aaand flip phone cameras don't cut it). Keep up the good blogging. Glad it's pushing you to other mediums like Youtube.com. :D Diverse media is the sign of a good blog.