Thursday, September 17, 2009

Like a 5 pointed Star, but in blog form

(920): in spanish class. the girl next to me asked what Galapagos were. i told her they were islands. now she thinks Galapagos means islands in spanish

Stupid people never cease to amaze me.
Now I have five main points to hit on in this blog, so it might be kind of long, just forewarning you.
Point 1)
I officially welcome the weekend with this blog. Because Lord knows I need it. I have been so stressed and completely frazzled this week and I am kind of tired of it. Hence the need for the next three days. Though I will admit it has not started out like planned.

original plan:
friday..grandparents visit and then go to six flags meet up with Michael; have fun.
saturday.. theater work day and Mandy's b-day party
sunday.. watch some 3 hour french play in the evening

reformatted plan:
friday.. found out grandparents are not coming, nor is Michael (the one person i was going to hang out with because I knew no one else going) going to six flags anymore. Did all that I could to sell ticket including talking to the cool guy in the radio booth and convincing him to make an announcement on KPLR (the schools radio station), which he did, twice. But then my friend Megan took pity on me and figured out a way to get money to go with me. So now I am sleeping in, getting ready and then leaving for six flags with Megan and Aimelle.
saturday.. i wish i could skip theater work day but alas there are only 12 majors and I would feel like they would notice my absence. And then Lauren, Bryant, Megan, and I are going to DISNEYLAND where I will proceed to buy Lauren her birthday crown.
sunday.. still watching some 3 hour french play. i would tell you what it is, but i have no idea how to spell it and am too lazy to look it up at the moment.

Of course I will probably get on here at the end of the weekend to tell you how much my reformatted plan didn't go as planned. ha ha.

Point 2)
FARMVILLE anyone?!?!?! Like seriously, so addicting. It is on facebook, and I looooove it. It is pretty much a Sims farm, which is awesome because of course I like Sims, specifically the roller coaster one. And a farm is kind of like an amusement park, without the rides and a lot more plants and animals. So I suggest getting on facebook and becoming apart of this wonderful adventure.

Point 3)
I got the A Very Potter Musical soundtrack. And if you have not seen it on youtube, please, I beg of you to watch it now. And if you have already seen it, go watch it again.
Also check out College Musical. That is pretty amazing too, even if it isn't about magical things. Both have swearing or sexual innuendos just for your info. :D But they're still fantastic.

Point 4)
I have never realized how much I dislike poetry. I am taking this creative writing class and we have been focusing on poetry, and I was always taught that poetry is relative. It can mean something different for each person blah blah blah. Which made me feel better considering I write fiction not poetry. But instead we get this critical book that tears down poems that I think are just fine. Thus the teacher will read a poem of mine, write a comment on it, and in my head I am like WTF??? IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABSTRACT!!!!! its a freaking poem!!! but whatever, this was our last week of poetry and i say Good Riddance.

And last but not least
Point 5)
I was talking to one of my friends who graduated last year last night. And we never exactly talked a lot while he was here, but we were definitely friends. (he was a theater major like me which obviously means he's awesome) So we started talking and all, and he mentioned my blog where I blew up at the world. Which led to other such things. But my point for bringing this conversation I had with Chris (that's his name. haha) is because he said one of the coolest things I have probably ever heard. And although a good chunk of our conversation could be turned into a self help book, I will only give you this one quote:

"i say just take a good look at your life and make sure you are really being who you want to be and doing what you wanna do cause there's less than no point in doing otherwise"
-Chris Pineda

Truer words have never been spoken. Well okay, maybe by Jesus. But personally I think what he said is truth. If you're pretending to be someone else (ie trying to satisfy others opinions) your entire life because you're afraid of what people might potentially think.. then you'll never get the chance to see what they'd think of the real you. Because lets face it, people judge. And I think I am getting to the point I would rather be judged for who I am then who I am pretending to be.
Just a little something to think about. :D

End of points!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how you write...just got to say that. I feel so awful to just leave you hanging this weekend (believe me, I would much rather be down there with you than up here doing what I have to do). Glad you got people to go with you and hope you have a great time!

Chris is awesome. period.

Anonymous said...

If the play is Cyrano de Bergerac then it's probably pretty darn good. And I'm pretty sure that it is! So, have fun!



- Megan