Saturday, September 5, 2009

My Labor Day

(812): McDonalds has hash browns for only a quarter!....how many u want?
(1-812): All of them


This morning I had to wake up early (and by early I mean 850, but for a holiday that is definitely early) because my roommate needed my expertise (and by expertise I mean I had a key) in getting into a building so she could record this guy play his music.  Cynthia has this radio show where she records herself interviewing some unknown musical talent and broadcasts it on Wednesdays 8pm on KPLR: The Tide (you should listen sometime).  So back to the story... we get inside the building and I listen to this guy play his four songs, and the entire time I wanted to fall asleep but couldn't because he was actually pretty good.  His voice sounded like Jamie Cullum.  And that was when I realized I haven't listened to Jamie Cullum in forever and a day.  So after they finished, I came back to my room and fell asleep listening to Jamie Cullum.

And then I woke up at 2:30.  Don't judge me, I like sleeping.  That and I totally have an iron deficiency so it's not completely my fault.  Cynthia and I then went to the kitchen to make breakfast/lunch/dinner.  Where we find this long line of ants traveling up the wall, across the ceiling, down the cupboard, over the counter top, and back up into the another cupboard.  It was kind of gross/creepy/disturbing.  All that said, we cooked our food, ate our food, and left.  

I listened to Jamie Cullum on my way to Borders.  Where I preceded to get lost.  I get lost in San Diego more then any other place in the world.  It's ridiculous.  I don't understand why I find it so confusing.  But I finally found Borders, and then spent two hours there.  I bought three books, one of which holds the One Act I will be directing for my directing class.  I just don't know which one yet.

I came home and cleaned (and by clean I mean sweep and swiffer the floor) my room.  And finally am listening to Jamie Cullum again.  I don't know why I think he's so amazing.  But he is.  Definitely. 

The rest of my weekend was pleasant.  I celebrated a birthday at Disneyland; I did not go to the beach like I planned; I ate coconut and strawberry jello; I did my laundry; I had a relaxing weekend.  It was very pleasant.  and then tomorrow comes and I am shoved back into reality.  sad day.

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see


No comments: