Thursday, June 7, 2012

The change up- not the movie.

This is my goal for today's musings: keep it short and simple. And now here is my attempt at such a thing.
The other night I decided to go Back in time. What I mean to say is I started at the beginning of my blogdom and began to read through all my old thoughts. A few posts were quite insightful... And others just made me laugh. It's good to know I have always been (at least from the point I started blogging) quite dramatic. But honestly I don't mind, I'd be much less entertaining if I didn't lose my cool or exaggerate like I do.
And then A few made me upset. Upset with myself. I mean don't get me wrong I've turned out pretty good I think, with awesome friends, one amazing boyfriend, and the best loving family a girl could ask for. But those posts just reminded me of how utterly blind I was. Or how naive I was. Whichever.
I've been blessed with this fabulous life and I almost threw it all away. Not in like a life or death sense. But in a manner of making all the wrong decisions- and at that point in time thinking they were actually good decisions. Of course, my choices and experiences have helped shaped me into who I am today. And yes, I am grateful for that, but I'm still pissed that I was so bloody stupid as a teenager and then that even overflowed into my twenties.
I've watched as people around me have changed drastically in the last five years or so thinking that I haven't REALLY change THAT much, but I totally have. I mean I'm still me, with all my emotions and dramatic episodes, and Im totally still capable of being a complete dunce, but I think I've managed to grow up quite a bit and that makes me absolutely thrilled. Especially since this whole graduated thing is a brand new ball game.
And I'm here to hit some home runs/make some touchdowns/[insert any other cheesy sport reference here]

And one more thing before I go that has nothing to do with the above topic... Well two things:
1) I need to make a summer reading list. I will mention it from time to time and review the books on here. Kind of like I did last summer but hopefully with more conviction and gusto seeing as I only finished three books last time. Ha ha. Anyone have any good books they feel like suggesting? [do not say fifty shades of grey... I will slap you]
2) I need to write more. Not on here- geesh- ya'll would want to start slapping me- Im actually talking about my stories. I keep making up excuses- like writers block, but since I haven't actually sat down and even tried to start I think it's safe to say I'm just slacking.
So yes, read and write more! Perfect!

Kind of short ? Pretty simple?
Mission accomplished...ish. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!! Oh yea, I love you...just wanted you to know that :) MOM