Friday, June 1, 2012

Snow White and the Huntsman- my opinion

Yes, it is 3 am in the morning. Yes, I have work at 9 for 8.5 hours. Yes, I am choosing to do a blog review instead of sleep.
I am doing this because I am baffled by how much I disliked the latest movie I saw (at midnight).  I was having a really good streak too. Avengers, Avengers (again), Battleship, MIB.  All very good movies.  Ones I highly suggest you go out and see.  Snow White and the Huntsman?  Do not go see.  Trust me when I say you should save your money (if you can movie hop into it then by all means waste three hours of your life... have at it).  Let me explain my reasoning:
1) I am enthralled by movies.  I get wrapped all up and in movies to the point I totally forget I'm sitting in a movie theatre with a bunch of strangers.  (I do it with books and tv shows too... so don't judge me too harshly... I can allow reality to melt away.  It's honestly really neat ... but anyway.. back to the subject at hand) In this movie I was able to plan my schedule for tomorrow (which included picking my outfit for work), have a mini debate with myself (inside my head obviously), and count my calories for the day all while repeating the words, "I am so bored." over and over again in the background.  What I'm trying to get at is that it's incredibly slow.  Too slow.  Had it been a book I would have been skipping chapters left and right in order to get to the end to see what happens.  But I couldn't do that because it was a movie.  So I had to sit... and wait... and wait.
2) I've never been a huge fan of Snow White but the trailer for this movie looked wicked and totally pulled me in.  It had an overall stellar cast with some pretty famous people including Chris Hemsworth (Thor!!!!!).  Which means the acting was mighty fine.  And for those of you who like Kristin Stewart ... she's in it.  And for those of you who don't... she barely talks.  The cinematography was definitely epic.  Reminded me of Narnia and Lord of the Rings smashed together.  The soundtrack was also exhilarating and pretty likable.  All good things yes?  But what about the plot?  The meat to this otherwise delectable sandwich.  And here is my answer: it was poop.  Poop on a stick.  I already told you how absolutely bored I was.  But I was also staring at the screen trying to figure out where they're trying to go with all this.  Even now as I think back I seriously don't understand.  So many holes and unanswered questions!  And that ending?  Maybe they'll make a sequel.  (bahahahahaha)
3) I'm just restating how bored I was.  Bored bored bored.
Alright I'm done reviewing/complaining.  But I had to warn you all not to go see it.  I mean you still can....... hahaha.




No comments: