Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day 32: To Fringe or not to Fringe

Song of the Day: Dancing Through Life from Wicked. It's been in my head all day. I listened to Adam Lambert singing it on youtube. He's a little box of vocal yummy goodness.
So today was rather low key. I did nothing. Well okay that's a lie. We went to the Royal National Theatre and took a tour of it. Pretty amazing to say the very least. I also went and saw a fringe performance of Medea (the Greek play by Euripides). Now, it was definitely fringe, but I wasn't a big fan of it. Like it was really well done and the concept was super unique, but there were only two actors and I'm kind of a fan of having more than just monologues throughout the whole thing. But it was interesting. For any theatre people reading this who have taken movement of any kind... Doc would have sat there riveted. When the main character (Medea.. obviously) wasn't speaking.. she was doing this elaborate never-ending movement piece. The entire time I was thinking... I have to take movement 2 next semester... maybe I could use some of this stuff. No joke. Doc would have been proud.
I just spent the last thirty minutes or so going through websites and finding plays that we're not going to go see as a group.. and I would like to note that Fringe theatre is much less expensive than any west end theatre. It's ridiculous the price difference. But I found some really cool ones, so I'm excited to look into it more. also, I counted up how many shows I'll be seeing with my classes (at least as of right now because Ronda randomly adds some now and again)... and the number is 21. I will have seen at least 21 plays by the time I get back in the states. thats about 1 and a half shows a week. Awesome. I'll have to put them all in a list from bestest ever to mehhhhh. It will be great fun.
Well again, I am off to bed, because I wait until the last moment to write these blogs. I wish I could stay up longer, especially since I get to sleep in... but maybe I'll get up and eat breakfast! I want to stop having to buy lunches, so I just have to stop being hungry. all the bloody time. Good plan aye?
Until next Time. :D

1 comment:

Megan said...

I think I ended up seeing right around 40 while we were there, and it was AMAZING.

West End is a little more expensive, but it's worth it too!