Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 49: Home Sweet London

Song of the Day has been replaced (just momentarily) by TV show of the Day: Nikita! (the exclamation point is optional). Now I could rave about Vampire Diaries but you all already know how much I love that show.. so instead I am going to discuss this new show that I may or may not have already mentioned.. but im leaning more towards the may not. But the first thing I want to mention is that Shane West is in this tv show. yeah.. remember him?? Cutie from A Walk to Remember and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen??? Where did he go?? I don't really care, I'm just glad he is back!!! So it's this shooting espionage type tv show with a secret government funded agency that's gone rogue and one of it's operatives escaped and is now hell bent on destroying them. It has a semi-Dollhouse feel.. but I can't really explain why. It's a really good show.. and my summary totally doesn't give it justice. It's on the CW and you should give it a try. :D
Now on to the more important stuff... I just got back from SCOTLAND!!! It was so freaking chilly!!! and by chilly I mean down right freezing. It felt kind of how I expected London to feel, but alas London still thinks its summer. Frustrating. But anyway, Scotland. The Hostel we stayed in was literally right next to Edinburgh Castle and was very very nice for how cheap it was. We (and when I say we I usually mean the normal four- aimelle, jess, jill, and i. sometimes including others) went on a free tour of Edinburgh, which was very nice and historically informative. Alot of good pictures came out of that tour. Then the next day we went to this Illusion and Camera Obscura place that was filled with Illusions and a Camera Obscura.. go figure. Loads of pictures there too!! And then the rest of the time was spent wondering, shopping, tea drinking, and eating. All of which my facebook pictures will prove tomorrow when I post all of them. I was going to do that today.. but let's face it.. I got sidetracked by tv shows and my bed. Oh and I forgot to mention.. I ate breakfast at the Elephant House which is where JK Rowling began Harry Potter on a napkin!!! How cool is that??? I didn't get any sudden inspirations to start writing.. so I'm pretty sure the place wasn't magical, but it was really neat to visit just the same. And this next detail may seem trivial, but to me it was kind of amazing. That night.. I french braided my hair!!! for the first time ever!!!!!! All be it.. it wasn't very pretty.. but I did it! and when I woke up the next morning it was wavy! so it did the trick. I was very happy to say the least.
Well now I'm back to reality.. with homework and laundry (though I only did the latter today.. bahahaha). And then on Wednesday we visit Highbury center which is where we are going to live once we get back from our ten day tour of London that begins on Thursday!!!! YAY. Whose excited for a gigantic batch of more pictures??? You are!!! Until Next Time. :D

No comments: