Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 45: Frustrating Frustrations.

No song. I am frustrated with online airport checking poop. I was trying to buy a flight to and from Ireland but they had all these hidden fees.. and what i thought was going to be only 30 pounds ended up coming out to 45... and that comes out to 75 dollars.. and thats not even including my lodging.. or the transportation itll take to get to the dumb airport in the first place. So it's safe to say I ended up saying screw it.. and I'll look more into it tomorrow.. maybe find a different website. But if I dont go to Ireland then at least I can use that money to buy some cute barrette in France or cool skirt in Scotland. I don't know.. I mean I really want to go.. but at the same time it seems so ridiculous for all of a two day stay. Meh. I whine. But if you have any suggestions or ideas.. feel free to let me know because I am all ears.. as per my usual. And all of this got me in a tizzy.. and so now I'm in a grumpy mood.. which is what I was trying so hard to steer clear of today. hmph. Well tomorrow I'm leaving for Scotland.. so I can see how that goes. Hopefully it will be fun and not too stressful. But back to Ireland.. WHAT SHOULD I DO??? I mean.. is ten pounds more really that big of a deal?? I did say it was the one place I really wanted to go.. and that way I could say I've been to all the British Isles... I think I will still go.. but I just got so frustrated over it.
Well, on a brighter note I saw Henry IV part I at the Globe. Now I know that Henry IV part I doesnt sound like the most interesting of plays, but in all actuality I think it had been my favorite so far in the Globe. It was just so good. The acting was beyond phenomenal and I was laughing so hard for a good third of it. The rest was interesting.. or full of action. I definitely loved it on every level. Which is surprising because when I read it for class I was rather bored out of my mind.. so I wasn't expecting much.. and yet I got this wickedly amazing show. It made me happy.
Well the weather is cooling down here.. so most likely I'll be getting sick soon. But for tonight i shall take a small dose of my coughing medicine to hopefully help soothe my throat and keep me healthy. Which.. all be it.. staying up at all hours of the night is definitely not helping. But technically it isn't all my fault because my mom was on Skype and we kind of talked for an hour.. or two. And I think that is more important than my dumb health. haha. Well I'm off then.. Until Next Time.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I say that if you can afford it, you should go to Ireland.
Unless the whole weekend would be in Dublin, and then I would have to think more about it becaus I did not like Dublin.
Ooh, fly into Cork! Then you can do Blarney and all that.

P.S. I also did enjoy spending money in France... So it really is a tough call. I did the whole term on a tight budget, so I really had to weigh all my options heavily.

MOM said...

Oh my gosh...are you blaming me for not going to bed early? Say it isn't so! I will never be the reason you do not get enough sleep and then get sick because of it. Ok, so from now on, I will not accept any skype calls pass 3:00 p.m. my time. That way you can get to bed by 11:00!!Ha Ha lol Don't blame the MOM :)

Lisa said...

I’ve tried all sorts of coughing syrups, believe me, but none of them helps. Even though Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa www.geocities.jp/ninjiom_hong_kong/index_e.htm does not eliminates the cough I like to stick to this chinese syrup I’ve been taking since I was a kid: Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa. My grandfather is chinese, so I guess my mom got the advice from him. I was really surprised when I found that chinese market selling it here in Belgium. It does have a refreshing, soothing, sweetening effect…as long as it lasts…then back to coughing mode.

Cynthia said...

Go to Ireland. You WILL regret not going, you WON'T regret going. Seriously, just go.

And have sooooo much fun in Scotland! I miss you sooo much!!