Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 19: I'm asking Santa for a Scepter

Song of the Day: Love Story by Taylor Swift. I just feel like a princess when I listen to this song. Not to mention it has a reference to Shakespeare. Hello. My kind of song.
So I had planned on doing homework today. So much homework it would make others want to puke. Alas, that did not happen. I did do something productive, just not on paper. First I slept in, which was beyond extraordinary. And then I went to the Tower of London!!!! You know the place! Where all the old kings and queens would live... back in the renaissance and so on. It's pretty much a castle. And of course I took pictures! Here is a nice view of the outside with a lively sword fighting competition going on right their on the lawn. I wanted to visit the Bloody Tower, but we didn't have time. But don't worry, I got this membership that allows me to go as many times as I want for an entire year!! So when I go back I will go into full detail. But for now I can talk about the one thing I did get to see. The crowned jewels. Holy Poop. Wow. That's really all I can say. Some of the crowns weren't all that impressive because they simple looked fake, but for the most part everything was bedazzled beyond extreme. My absolute favorite thing was the royal scepter. The largest diamond in the world, which was about the size of my fist, was the focal point. And it was simple beautiful. I don't know what I'd do with a scepter... but if I could have that one.. I'd find someway to use it every single day. In all honesty, I think it grants people magical powers. That cool. I wish I could have taken a picture. But that was a big no no. The line was super long though, like Space Mountain on a Saturday status, so in each room there were these different videos being played, so you wouldn't die of boredom, where you learned a little about the jewels. It was also really neat. Aimelle and I meandered about a bit taking pictures of the greenest grass ever as you will notice above. And then I had to take a picture of the guard with a funny hat. I don't know if you can tell, but that is not a rifle in his hand.. but machine gun. Just wanted to point out the legitimacy of this place.
I was thinking as I was walking around the tower that the current Queen Elizabeth was crowned at age 25. I will be 25 in 3 years. I can't even fathom running a country at that age. It made me swell with immense respect and pride for their Queen. A shout out for girl power everywhere.
My visit to the Tower was part of a homework assignment, so I did do homework today. Just not alot. Because instead of doing homework when I got back I ended up playing games with most of the people in our group. First we played Uno three times... Two of which I kicked butt. Muahaha. and then later we played Sardines, which is like the opposite of hide and go seek. One person hides, and everyone else has to find them. And when they find them, they hide with them. And depending on where they're located it can get to the point where you feel like you're a sardine, which is where the name of the game comes from! :D Anyway, I definitely did not win at that game.. ever. But it was fun. And now I am going to hop in bed and get some shut eye. Because tomorrow I am doing real homwork. No matter what. Until next time!
PS sometimes my computer makes me want to toss it off the side of the building.

No comments: