Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 9: Fro-Yuck.

Song of the Day: According to You by Orianthi. I actually don't have this on my ipod unfortunately, but I love this song. Makes me want to dance around. Thank goodness for Youtube. I actually spent the last thirty minutes watching I kissed a vampire: a rock musical with Lucas Grabeel and Drew Seeley. Not bad songs, but completely ridiculous. Made me chuckle a few times that's for sure. But I think one of my favorites to watch on youtube is A Very Potter Musical. SOOOO GOOOOOOOOD. Of course I have most of the songs memorized. A Very Potter Sequel wasn't as good, but it still made me laugh so much. If you've never seen either I suggest watching them both.
Now today was full of a number of adventures. First, I made my first visit to Tesco, the place that owns Fresh & Easy over in the states. It was actually a mini Tesco and it was still rather large. Took me forever to find the food I wanted. Then I watched Winning London with a few girls. Anybody remember Winning London?? With Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen?? Well it's epic. Then we went off to BBC (British Broadcasting Company) to be apart of the audience for a taping of a game show called Pointless. Look it up on Youtube! It was pretty interesting. It lasted forever!!! but it was funny and I really enjoyed it. Made me wish I was a broadcast journalism major. yes, I admit it. It was just so cool seeing all the cameras and lights and everything!!!
And then afterwards, instead of going home, I tagged along with about 8 girls who wanted to go get frozen yogurt. They'd already gone out like twice this week and absolutely loved it. San Diego addiction at its finest. So I went and got some too. I love London for numerous reasons. It's beautiful, historical, magical, and so on. And I love their food. Except, it seems, their botched attempt to emulate frozen yogurt. In fact it wasnt even really frozen yogurt.. it was just plain tart and chocolate tart (who the heck has heard of chocolate tart is my question? seriously, ew). neither of which I like, obviously. But they pretend its yogurt by calling it yogurt. lies. I paid almost two pounds to realize that I will never eat frozen yogurt here again. I mean, I don't even like frozen yogurt that much in the first place, but I figured I'd try it just for the sake of fro-yo everywhere. Good to know London gives us no competition in that area.
Anyway, I'm home now. Safe and sound. Tired and exhausted. We have a tour of the BBC tomorrow bright and early so I best be heading to bed now. But I'm sure I'll blog more tomorrow. Here's hoping that the weather is just as cool tomorrow as it was today. Until next time. :)

No comments: