Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day 6: Scarves and Bridges


Song of the Day: When We're Human from The Princess and the Frog. It's been humming in my head for a good few hours now. And it's so refreshing to hear this song again. I absolutely loved this movie and again I suggest if you didn't see it... go out and rent it now. Or just buy it.. because it's that good.
Now today was pretty fabulous. I slept in, which is always a good thing. and then went to the Portobello Market! Imagine a farmer's market with jewelry, clothes, and everything else you can think of. And again... it was not for the faint of heart. Wayyyyy busy. And in the midst of this crazy fun bargaining shopping it began to rain. and not just sprinkle, no no. It poured. This is when I found out that a wind breaker is not water proof. It may look water proof, and feel water proof. But it is not. But I enjoyed the rain none the less. It made the weather much cooler, which was so nice. While at the market my roommates and I all got scarves. They're beautiful, but of course I love mine the best. It's purple! (and gold and black) And then I got dried bananas, also known as banana crisps. So Yummy. Of course that's what the picture is demonstrating... not the fact I can eat.. because let's face it.. we all know I can eat just fine.

We got back to the room only to set out on a new adventure a short while later. Another play, Don Juan in Love!! This time we were in an outside amphitheatre right next to the London Bridge called The Scoop. Ronda said that they enjoyed this theatre because it was very audience interactive and lively. And it was definitely pretty good for being absolutely free. The best part.. was that Don Juan was a total man whore.. and the actor held nothing back. In fact he approached a random audience member while discussing how he seduces all his conquests, and then right at the end he pulls her in and kisses her right in her seat!!!!! I was like NO WAY. it was the funniest thing ever. And then he changed his sights to Jill who was sitting right in front of me. He was so close to kissing her too but he continued on with his monologue instead. It was so great.
After that my roommates and I went on a little jaunt across the London Bridge!!! It was absolutely amazing. And because I know you wish you were here with me... these are the pictures to help you visualize what you're missing!!! Tonight was the first where I actually felt cold. It made me so happy. I want to be able to wear my sweaters, and I can't do so until it stops being so darn warm!!!

Tomorrow we're going to church, Hyde Park, and something else in the evening as well. It's just going to be jam packed, but don't worry. I'll still blog. Oh, and there is going to be another trip to Primark soon because I found some girls who are willing to push through the crowds with me. Stay tuned for that. Well, until then. :)

No comments: