Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 4: So Tired.

I'm too tired too turn on my ipod to pick out a song of the day.. I guess one I listened to earlier could suffice... Stand Out from A Goofy Movie. So good and totally brings you back to those elementary school years. Makes me want to dance. In my chair. Maybe just in my head because I don't want to move.
Today I finally got to go to Primark. And it is way cool. But.. and this is a pretty large negative but.. imagine a two story target on black Friday midday and you've got how busy it was. I'm not even exaggerating here. There were people everywhere, clothes everywhere, everything everywhere. The people who work their deserve at least 13 pounds an hour if not more. Now even though it was crowded I was ready and willing to get down and do some shopping... at least try some things on over my clothes (like blouses or dresses and such) to see if they fit or if I liked the material. Unfortunately the girls I were with couldn't handle the crowds and wanted to leave almost immediately. So at least I got to see it, but I didn't get to really do anything inside. They do have some pretty wicked deals though... that I can say.
On the way home I was able to do a little running around at less busier shops. I went to a Boots which is like a CVS and got shampoo and kleenexes and body wash! It was there that I heard one of the funniest things ever... we were walking out with our merchandise and this worker helping this lady walked past us... and I'm guessing she asked him something involving make-up because this was his reply, and I quote, "I only dress up in drag every once in awhile so I don't know how much help I can be."
Funny right? Well it certainly made me laugh.
Oh and I also got a planner. To help me plan out my life. I can decorate it with permanent marker. Yay.
Tonight we went to our first London production. Welcome to Thebes by Moira Buffini. It was absolutely amazing. Imagine our politics as a Greek play but set in modern times. It brought together Grecian culture, Liberian history, and American politics. All written by a British playwright. But it was amazing. We get to read it for class.. and even though we've already seen it.. I'm glad we get to dive into it even more.
Now even though it was great.. it still isn't the best one I've seen. That title belongs to Cyrano De Bergerac. I still can't get over how great that play was. but anyway... My day is all over.. and I'm exhausted. So I am going to head off to bed!!! tomorrow I'm going to the Imperial War Museum. We'll see how that goes. Also my tube pass didn't work tonight.. so hopefully I can get that fixed tomorrow. hopefully. hah... Until then. :)

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

is it weird that im extremely excited about your permanent marker and planner? seriously, thats rad.

glad you had fun at your first play!! thats super exciting! love you and miss you!