Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 2: 3 flights of stairs; 68 steps

Song of the day: King of Anything by Sara Bareilles. If you don't have it... get it. So good. And just makes me feel very Londonesque... which is funny because she's not British or anything. Anyway... My day was rather flat. Not because it was bad... but because I just didn't do much. Like a flat plain. Pretty but not as pretty as a mountain or something.
Best part I think was walking down to a grocery store, Sainsbury, and buying a Cheese and Tomato sandwich. Because it wasn't gross american cheese, it was white cheddar cheese that you can only get over here!!! It was soooooo delicious. I also only used a single coin to buy it. I mean it was slightly amazing. The rest of the day was spent chilling with Aimelle (we played war and go fish... really worked the brain with those games let me tell you) and then we had our first meeting for our British experience class (hence forth known as OCP) and we went for a walk around the town.
Ronda pointed out a bookstore.. which I will be visiting shortly, and everything else we could imagine. We're getting library cards next week!!! I'm excited about that too. I need to get started on these projects and papers.
Tomorrow I have completely free. One of my roommates, Jessica, and I are going to Buckingham Palace and maybe even St. Paul's Cathedral. We seriously have all day... so most likely we can get both in. I also want to go to this store that everyone who went to London last time said was amazing.. Primark. Is it bad to be so excited for a retail store??? But I went on their website and theyre stylish and they promote ethical trading!!! I'm just really excited.
I'll obviously update tomorrow with exactly what gets done.. or doesnt get done.
Now on the bad side... I got this huge blister on my foot from a pair of my supposedly "comfy" shoes. and dont get me wrong.. when im wearing them its like im walking on pillows... but that doesnt help my heel. I only wore them for maybe a half an hour.. and the blister was about the size of a dime. not good. So im just going to have to wear lots of bandaids.. all the time.
This next bit is both bad and good. I live on the 3rd floor.. but technically its the fourth because they dont consider the ground floor the first floor.. dont exactly know how that works, but whatever.. my point is there are alot of stairs to climb. Which if I am in a rush.. is bad.. because I am so the opposite of "in-shape" and there is a lift (elevator) but it's probably the slowest lift in existence. But at least I'll be getting a work out every single day.
I wish I had brought things to decorate my area with... like pictures or something. I really just packed barely anything. Maybe I could draw pictures of everyone.. which would be alot easier if I could draw. Well hopefully I'll think of something to make my area more homey. Until then. ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you finally discovered "King of Anything" - it really is an amazing song. So I played it as I read your post. They do have the best sandwiches over there - how they are made, what they're made with, everything.

It is really weird paying for things over there. I felt like I was handing them a quarter and it wouldn't be enough, but it would be. It made me laugh every time.

I was in some of their lifts and it feels like they're really small. I don't know. I was in a hotel one and a retirement center one.

Buckingham Palace is amazing. All I will tell you is they have these massive gates surrounding it covered in gold. It looks really cool.