Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 5: Be the Change You Want To See In the World- Ghandi

My title for this blog is due to our visit to the Imperial War museum today. It was very good. There was a Holocaust exhibition and of course it was sad... but it always reminds me of one of my fave quotes is "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Berke. It's hard to understand how thousands of people were brain washed into destroying millions of people. I just don't get it.
But on the bright side I got to sleep in today. All the way until 11!!! Somehow I was still tired today though so I'll be going to bed shortly, hopefully. Once I finish this lovely blog and write in my journal and maybe skype my mother if she ever gets on!!! lol.
I don't really have much to say today. Which is weird because usually you can't get me to shut up. I think I'm just in this weird funk at the moment and hopefully sleep will help me get out of it. I don't know if it was the war museum but I'm definitely not miss happy-go-lucky.
Which by the way.. I discovered that I am the second oldest out of all of my peers on this trip. My RA beats me by 5 months. No pressure there. I kind of just want to make friends already. Not that everyone isn't being nice, but I actually want to start having real discussions deeper than just what did you do today? I know its only the 5th day so I have quite awhile to be able to accomplish this whole friendship thing, but I don't exactly exude patience. Something I definitely need to work on.
This is probably God's way of saying, Charity... you need to just relax.
Which should be fun. relaxing. At least I've stopped biting my nails... currently. Pretty soon I'll be able to paint them. And I am going to paint them purple!!! (because that is the only color I brought! haha)
Well I am off to get ready for bed and such. Until next time :D

No comments: