Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 25: Raindrops keep falling on my head

Song of the Day: Mad World covered by Adam Lambert. If you haven't heard this version.. well.. I'll just tell you straight out.. it is beautiful. I think I just listened to it about six times in a row... and I never do that. I'm kind of bummed I didn't watch that season of American Idol when it was Adam Lambert and that other guy.. the one who ended up winning. haha. irony.
Today we went back to the Globe to get a tour and visit the exhibition center. Again, the Globe is simply amazing. The tour 'guy'de (haha see what I did there? clever right?) was really funny. I feel like our group has lucked out with tour guides because none of them have sucked. It's nice. Only bummy part was that at the exhibition we were supposed to take notes and answer questions for an assignment, and I think that takes away from the overall experience of what you're supposed to be experiencing. But maybe that's just me. On the bright side I bought my first souvenir type thing today!!! It is a silver replica of the ring they found in the excavation site of the 'Rose' theatre, which was another of the most popular theatre's in London back in the Elizabethan age. So it is called the Rose ring, and the inscription, which is in old french, on it means: Think of me, God willing. I LOVE it. And only 14 pounds too. Which is a little over 20 dollars, and I've paid that much for a ring before... so I felt absolutely no guilt. :D especially since I lost my alice ring that I bought at disneyland... I am still so saddened by this. I mean it was definitely one of my favorite rings of all time.. and somehow it disappeared. Like I didn't take it off while at a restaurant and forget to put it back on or something... and I didn't put it in a purse and forget.. nope.. one day I had it and the next day I didn't. All be it, it was right around the time I moved out of the dorms last semester, and I remember putting it in my green basket.. but when I got out my green basket at home.. well.. it was gone. :( Anyway, it rained today.
And because of the rain the outdoor theatre canceled its production that we were going to see, so we headed back and I've been relaxing ever since. So you can tell I was really bummed... hahaha. But relaxing has made me tired and I'm debating on whether or not I should go to bed early today. I would like to point out at this moment that it is before midnight. I am actually writing a blog at a decent hour. I think I deserve mad props for this. But I guess I'll decide about the going to bed early thing soon enough. Tomorrow we go to Canterbury!!! It's called Chaucer day!!! And I am soooo excited. I don't know what the weather will be like, but hopefully it's nice. I'll make sure to give you all the juicy details. hahah juicy... like London is a fruit or something.
Until next time. :D

1 comment:

Meg said...

1. You have now joined the rose theatre ring club my friend. All the theatre girls bought them on the last trip (Me, MDB, and Katie. Oh, and Ronda!) I love mine so much that I think there's only been about two weeks total in the past two years that I haven't been wearing it.

2. Chaucer Day sounds AWESOME. I can't wait to hear/read all about it!